“I have a very strong view that business, and building a business, is a team sport. You’re as good as your team and any smart entrepreneur will surround himself or herself with people with more experience, and with greater capabilities. I think that’s the hallmark of any good business – the depth and quality of the people.”
— Amir Adnani, CEO of Uranium Energy Corp
Amir leapt into the resource industry by founding UEC when he was 27 years old and has spent the past 13 years building it into one of the leading uranium companies in the Western world.
In this conversation we discuss:
- Why entrepreneurship is very much like parenthood,
- The reason UEC is uniquely positioned to take advantage of the US’s evolving energy market,
- How Amir launched a uranium company in his 20s,
- How Amir attracted former U.S. Secretary of Energy, Spencer Abraham to become of Chairman UEC;
- The advantage of in-situ recovery vs. traditional mining methods,
- How Amir made the difficult decision to put production at UEC’s South Texas Palangana Mine on hold,
- And much more.
Tune in to my conversation with Amir here:
Amir is an excellent conversationalist, with a fascinating story and a deep knowledge of the uranium space. I hope you enjoy out conversation as much as I did.