Ross Beaty is one of the few true magnates of the mining world. Geologist, entrepreneur, and investor, his peers can be counted on one hand… with digits to spare. In this far reaching interview, we discuss how Ross has managed to carve out one of the biggest careers in natural resources history.
“A lot of the CEOs don’t want the accountability of one shareholder. Historically, I think a lot of CEOs in the mining sector, from very junior exploration companies to large-cap, always wanted nameless, faceless shareholders. They want someone that they can go have 1 or 2 marketing meetings with per
If you want to be the CEO of the company, you need to have the ability to understand capital markets, be involved in it, engage in it, and compete to take your piece of the capital from it. Ali Pejman is a mining-focused investment banker and Partner at Fort Capital.
They’re treasure hunters… Your traditional prospectors, unfortunately, have a propensity to, when they find things and get a pay day, they end up either destroying their lives or getting drunk until the money is gone and then have to go and do it again… I haven’t been that bad. Ron
The people who really work hard and seize every opportunity are going to be given more opportunities. This is going to sound kind of glib, but you know what, when it comes right down to it: work really hard and don’t be an asshole. Mark O’Dea is the Chairman and
Search the Blog
- Hold My Beer – Let’s Watch SoftBank Venture Capital Plunge June 6, 2019
- The Eurodollar Market: It All Starts Here December 2, 2016
- The Ugly Truth about Diamonds Monopoly August 21, 2014
- Coronavirus. Listen in to what the professionals are doing February 15, 2020
- The USD: A Collapsing Star… And A Journey To Hell May 9, 2018
- The Wise Man Does At Once What The Fool Does Finally February 26, 2020
- The Ultimate Cognitive Dissonance Trap was Just laid October 4, 2019
- Coronavirus – It’s Not Heart Disease, It’s A Plane Crash April 13, 2020