They’re treasure hunters… Your traditional prospectors, unfortunately, have a propensity to, when they find things and get a pay day, they end up either destroying their lives or getting drunk until the money is gone and then have to go and do it again… I haven’t been that bad.
Ron Netolitzky is one of the most successful geologists, prospectors and mining entrepreneurs in Canadian history. He has been involved of dozens of mineral discoveries around the globe, and, in 2015, he was inducted into the Canadian Mining Hall of Fame.
Today, Ron is the President & CEO of MAS Gold Corp., an exploration company focused on discovery in Saskatchewan, Canada. It is a part of the world that he is intimately familiar with, having started his career there as a geological field assistant half a century ago.
In this conversation we discuss:
- The difference between a geologist and a prospector.
- The limitations of modern exploration technology.
- Why Ron is back in Saskatchewan after decades of work around the world.
- Why Ron almost quit after his first week as a geologist to go work on the railroad.
- Key skills that up-and-coming geologists need to know to make discoveries.
- And much more.
There are few people in the industry with Ron’s breadth and depth of experience, it was a real pleasure to have the chance to sit down with him and learn what it takes to make a discovery from a true master explorationist. Enjoy!
PS: You can also check us out on iTunes here.