I think the worst advice I’ve ever received is: that’s the way it’s done. It should never be like that, there is always a new way to approach something. Even if it’s been done the same way for years and years, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t approach whatever that task is with a critical mind.
In today’s episode we discuss:
- How Steve got his start in mining and what it’s like to be the CEO of one of the industry’s hottest startups at 28
- What it was like to sell Integra Gold Corp. for over half a billion dollars
- The mentors that helped Steve establish himself early
- The creation of the #DisruptMining challenge
- Steve’s plan to affect transparency across the industry and provide investors with better information
- How lessons learned at Integra Gold lead to the idea for VRify
- The story that inspired VRify’s now famous spoof Videos (1 & 2)
I had a great time talking with Steve and walked away excited about the work VRify is doing and opportunities for disruption in the space.
This podcast will add a lot of value to any investor looking to better understand the sector and entrepreneurs excited about making a dent in the space.
PS: You can also check us out on iTunes here.