“I know the CEO of every company I own…… Looking people in the eyes is very important. I have a few trick questions up my sleeve that will separate the pretenders from contenders.”
Mickey Fulp runs a newsletter called the Mercenary Geologist, it is a large well-established newsletter in the mining industry, funded primarily by the companies covered.
Before writing a newsletter, Mickey worked as a reservoir engineer, an analyst, and a geologist. All of these experiences led him down the path to becoming a professional investor and letter writer.
In this discussion, we explore:
- Why Mickey believes a Master’s degree is necessary for aspiring executives in today’s environment.
- How a technical background in engineering and geology has given Mickey a leg up over his competition.
- Who can be trusted in this industry, and how to spot the phonies.
- What to look for when making a new investment.
- What are Mickey’s favorite metals, and a few of his favorite stocks!
It was a fantastic conversation and I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did. Mickey has done an excellent job of shaping his life to provide himself everything he wants. There are not too many people in this world that can say the same!
Co-Founder, Resource Insider
PS. Check us out on iTunes HERE