Life is nothing but a great adventure. I’d like to share a cadre of things I’ve learned along the way. I hope I learn a lot more…
- Give good people a chance but don’t be cavalier about who you provide your value to. There’s no sacred ground here. If people suck your energy and create an emotional drag, cut them out. If they add value and energy bring them closer.
- Relationships are more important than money, and good relationships built on trust and value will bring you both money and happiness.
- Most of the world is nowhere near as dangerous as you’re led to believe, and some of the world is far more dangerous than you could ever imagine.
- My wife is wonderful.
- I really don’t care about “stuff.”
- Dog actually doesn’t taste that bad, horse is quite nice too, but Llama tastes like cardboard.
- Goats milk makes the best coffee in the world.
- The closer you are to an investment the greater the chance of profit.
- Sometimes I’m a complete fool.
- Warthogs can run VERY FAST and have a bad temper.
- I must never stop testing my mind. Keep studying, reading and engaging. I haven’t tried it but I believe if I don’t, my mind will atrophy and I may even find myself one day in a cubicle farm employed by the department of social something or another.
- Pirates exist on the Mekong.
- Cultures have nuances but people are basically good all around the world.
- Running out of money on a travel trip is one of the best things that can happen to you.
- The unexpected in life is what makes it worth living. Routine is boring
- No matter what anyone says, you need money in this world.
- Kids need feeding ALL THE TIME.
- A tired, hungry family will mutiny on you. Be warned.
- Contrary to popular opinion, living life to the fullest has zero to do with driving a flashier car or staying in a 5 star resort.
- Most of everything that troubles me in day to day life is not worth getting worked up about. Evaluate problems and let the ones that don’t really matter go where they belong.
- I can make way more money by following my passions, and if I don’t make money at least I’ll still be fulfilled.
- Everyone has an idea but only a few will put it to work intelligently. If you’re an investor like me you have to find the few and steer clear of the many.
- I’m going to make mistakes. Get over it and move on.
- Stupid decisions can, do, and should hurt.
- Ignorance is no excuse for anything. EVERYTHING that I allow into my life is my responsibility.
- Most of what I learned in “higher education” was either dangerously misinterpreted by me or was a waste of time. Possibly both.
“Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth — more than ruin — more even than death…. Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man”. – Bertrand Russell