Ross Beaty is one of the few true magnates of the mining world. Geologist, entrepreneur, and investor, his peers can be counted on one hand… with digits to spare. In this far reaching interview, we discuss how Ross has managed to carve out one of the biggest careers in natural resources history.
If you come in and you’re quite cavalier and you don’t respect mother nature, and the other contributing factors that can affect a project severely you’re going to end up in trouble. Brandon Duncan is the President and Founder of Backcountry Resources, a Yukon based construction, management and logistics company
I think the worst advice I’ve ever received is: that’s the way it’s done. It should never be like that, there is always a new way to approach something. Even if it’s been done the same way for years and years, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t approach whatever that task
My kids are mowing lawns and washing cars in their spare time on weekends. The sort of jobs a 9 and 10-year old can get without doing too much damage. I think it’s a vastly better use of their time than sitting indoors, gaping at an Xbox, playing the latest
“The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change…” Leo Buscaglia nailed it with the quote above. Ask any friends, colleagues or contacts you know who’ve enjoyed success about risk.
Search the Blog
- Hold My Beer – Let’s Watch SoftBank Venture Capital Plunge June 6, 2019
- The Eurodollar Market: It All Starts Here December 2, 2016
- The Ugly Truth about Diamonds Monopoly August 21, 2014
- Coronavirus. Listen in to what the professionals are doing February 15, 2020
- The USD: A Collapsing Star… And A Journey To Hell May 9, 2018
- The Wise Man Does At Once What The Fool Does Finally February 26, 2020
- The Ultimate Cognitive Dissonance Trap was Just laid October 4, 2019
- Coronavirus – It’s Not Heart Disease, It’s A Plane Crash April 13, 2020