“We have always known that shale oil wells decline fast… but the reality is, they decline even faster than expected.”
Scott Lapierre has spent the last 25 years working in the oil industry as a petrophysicist. He worked for Halliburton, ConocoPhillips, and Pioneer Natural Resources before going on to start his own E&P Company, PCORE Exploration. PCORE raised $100 million in private equity from Natural Gas Partners to exploit what Scott discovered to be “the secret” to a profitable fracking operation.
Scott implemented his patented technology to exploit the “core” of the Midland Basin to earn an ROI of 3.2 over 18 months. He did this while oil prices fell from $105 to $36 per barrel. Now, Scott splits time between Houston and Denver managing his consulting firm, Shale Specialists.
In this episode, we discuss:
- “The secret” to shale oil.
- What does the current shale environment look like?
- Why is the US reaching an all time high in oil production while shale drillers have been destroying capital?
- What companies should you be adding to your portfolio in this downturn?
- Where is the future of oil headed?
If you are interested in this interview I highly recommend checking out one of Scott’s recent articles and presentation at the International Energy Credit Association (IECA).
I hope you enjoy this conversation as much as I did.
Co-Founder, Resource Insider
PS. Check us out on iTunes HERE