The more times people put themselves in a position of being uncomfortable, the stronger they become.
Brian Paes-Braga is a partner at the Fiore Group, a private investment firm with interests in the mining, technology, entertainment, and beverage industries.
Brian has been involved in a host of entrepreneurial, and philanthropic ventures, but is perhaps best known for founding and leading Lithium-X, alongside mining magnate Frank Guistra. In this conversation we dig into:
- What exactly does it mean to “do a deal”?
- What it’s like to sell a mining company for $265M on your 30th birthday?
- What makes a great salesperson and the difference between being confident and being compelling.
- How Brian got his first job by volunteering to make sandwiches for free.
- How to identify role models and the importance of analyzing their success.
- How Brian approaches potential mentors and gains their support.
- How to use continual learning to accelerate progress.
- What fast food restaurant helped Brian hone his sales skills from a young age.
- The importance of showing up for tough conversations when things go wrong.
- How breakfast with Frank Guistra in Greece lead to the formation of Lithium-X.
- The importance of putting your money where your mouth is when a deal is in jeopardy.
- Why the best deals leave everyone feeling like they left something on the table.
- How to predict the future.
Brian’s has had an impressive career to date, and at 30 years old he’s just getting started. Perhaps most importantly he’s been involved in a variety of philanthropic ventures, including Backpack Buddies, a charity that provides nutritional meals to thousands of children in need (and one I highly recommend checking out).
I learned a lot chatting with Brian and couldn’t help feeling inspired. This podcast will be extremely valuable to current or aspiring entrepreneurs, and anyone looking to make a dent in the universe!
PS: You can also check us out on iTunes here.